The Ile de Ré is a magnificent natural and cultural sanctuary. Discover our activity ideas for your all-inclusive vacation on the Ile de Ré. We offer rejuvenating and stimulating experiences for an unforgettable vacation. So here are some holiday activities on the Ile de Ré.
We provide in your villa a mechanical bike for all adults, from our partner Beachbike.fr. Enjoy the most famous blue bikes of the Atlantic Coast during your vacations by the sea, a top-of-the-range and French bike. Assistance is included in the service. If you have any concerns, contact us.
Cycling is a must during your vacations on the island of Ré. The opportunity for you to visit the island by linking the physical activity and the tourist activity. Ré la blanche, it’s 138 kilometers of bicycle paths allow you to discover the numerous beaches, fishing ports, salt marshes, picturesque villages and tourist sites of the island in complete safety. In addition, many restaurants, cafes and stores are easily accessible by bike.
Several routes are possible for both cycling enthusiasts and beginners.
- 1st circuit : Vagabond in the southern part of the island through the villages of Rivedoux-Plage, La Flotte, Saint-Martin-de-Ré, le Bois-Plage-en-Ré and Sainte-Marie-de-Ré.
Distance : 27.5 km (loop) / Time : 2h45
- 2nd circuit : This circuit, which offers a view of the salt marshes, starts from La Couarde and continues through Ars-en-Ré to finish at Les Portes-en-Ré. If you want more, continue to Saint-Clément-des-Baleines where you will cross the forest.
Distance : 19.5 km (one way) / Time : 2h
- 3rd circuit : Come and walk the trails in the countryside of the Ile de Ré starting from Saint-Martin-de-Ré to La Couarde-sur-Mer.
Distance : 6.7 km (one way) / Time : 1h30
- 4th circuit : Do you want to go for a relaxing walk from the beginning of the island to the fortifications and the port of Saint-Martin-de-Ré? This tour is for you!
Distance : 8.8 km (one way)/ Time : 37 minutes
- 5th circuit : Do you want to get some fresh air with your family or friends but don’t want to go on an obstacle course? This itinerary starting from Rivedoux-Plage and ending in Sainte-Marie-de-Ré is ideal!
Distance : 3.5 km (one way) / Time : 15 minutes
Here are some ideas of routes that should suit you and make your vacation a pleasant one!
Horseback riding – vacation activities on the Île de Ré
You are a fan of nature and want to enjoy it? Ask us to book you horse or donkey rides to discover the Ile de Ré from all angles. With the different equestrian centers of the Île de Ré, you will have the opportunity to ride and discover the landscapes of the Île de Ré such as its salt marshes, its forests and its beaches.
To meet the mascot of the Île de Ré, the donkey, you must go to the Barbette park in Saint-Martin-de-Ré. With a view of the ramparts, your children, aged 3 years minimum, will have the honor of riding on these animals that were part of the daily life of the inhabitants of the Île de Ré.
View from above
And why not dominate the landscapes of the Ile de Ré ? We can offer you a real feeling of freedom by plane or helicopter. 2 places on the Ile de Ré also allow you to have a magnificent view from above!
First of all, the bridge, built in 1988, is part of the island’s identity and connects it to the mainland. With a length of 3km and a height of 42 meters, you can walk or cycle across it. With its 5,000 meter radius curve, you will have a view overlooking La Rochelle and the Ile de Ré.
The second one, the lighthouse of the whales, is one of the emblematic monument of the island. Built in 1849, the lighthouse is 57 meters high with 257 steps. This one offers you a breathtaking 360°C view on the sea and the villages of Ré.
Come and discover the nature reserve of Lilleau des Niges, a real corner of paradise, located in Les Portes-en-Ré. You will be able to recharge your batteries in the heart of the 121 hectares of nature. You will observe the diversity of the fauna and flora of the island through open-air walks, guided tours, or thanks to the museographic space of the Maison du Fier. You can observe more than 300 different species.
The surroundings of the reserve are freely accessible. As for the visit of the house of the reserve, it is paying, at the price of 4 euros full price and 3 euros reduced price.
Whether you have a boat license or not, there is no shortage of water sports activities on the island of Ré. You wish to feel strong emotions while spending good moments in family or between friends? We can book you the activities of your wish. Motorboat, Jet ski, surfing, kitesurfing, catamaran, etc…
On the other hand, your key word is “relaxation”? Boat trips or paddle boarding are the activities for you! Explore the Ile de Ré by sea with the small ports, the Banc du Bûcheron or the Fier d’Ars.
We offer in-home massages and yoga classes to remove any stress that may be interfering with your vacation. After this activity, you will have a new vision of your breathing and your body. During your session, you will start by becoming aware of your breath, then, you will be led to realize postures on the alignment of the body, for at the end, to let go with relaxation postures. The watchword of your vacation will be relaxation!
The island of Ré is also oyster farming. And our producers from Ré will be happy to welcome you in their farms for oyster and white wine tastings in front of a magnificent landscape.
For this, you could go to various establishments:
- Huitres et Ma Ré : Located in Rivedoux-Plage, come and taste one of the specialties of the region in front of the bridge of the Ile de Ré.
- La Cabane Océane : Located in La Flotte, you will have the opportunity to taste the arrivals of the day facing the sea.
- RéOstrea : Located in Saint-Martin-de-Ré, come and taste oysters and seafood in a peaceful environment.
- La cabane du Féneau : Located between La Couarde and Loix, in the middle of the salt marshes, come and make your taste buds salivate in front of the maritime specialities of the island.
The inhabitants of the sea are not the only specialties of the island that you must discover. Indeed, wine is an important element. Thus to increase your knowledge on the subject and to enrich your palate, oenology courses can also be proposed to you on the island at the following addresses:
- Domaine Arica : Located in la Couarde, come and discover aromas, grape varieties and vineyards in the domain of more than 10 hectares.
- Vignerons île de ré : Located in Bois-Plage-en-Ré, come and immerse yourself in order to understand the way cognac and pineau des Charentes are made and then taste these products.
Don’t hesitate, and don’t be afraid to become real wine experts.
Cultural places – Activities on the Ile de Ré
Would you like to learn more about the history of the Île de Ré? Several places will delight you! First of all, there is the salt marsh eco-museum, located in Loix, where you will discover the salt production techniques as well as the specific plant species that are present on the island’s marshes.
Another choice of entertainment is the Ernest Cognacq Museum, located in Saint-Martin-de-Ré. In this 15th century building, you can learn about the historical, military, artistic and oral heritage of the Île de Ré.
Among the must-see museums on the Île de Ré, you will also find the Musée du Platin, located in La Flotte. And learn about the history, the customs or the maritime heritage of the Île de Ré. Whether you are with friends or family, various activities will be proposed to you in order to make this visit more pleasant.
Finally, come and discover an unusual place, the Quillet workshop, located in Loix, which is a real national reference in the field of conservation, restoration and binding of old documents. You will be able to observe the methods used to preserve or restore documents but also participate in a demonstration of lining, filling, sewing, binding and gilding carried out on a wide range of raw materials. The whole Travel Paradise team wishes you a pleasant stay!
Travel Paradise, innovative concept for villa rental on the Ile de Ré. Tailor-made stays for exclusive vacations. Book your vacation villa in an idyllic setting. Enjoy exceptional hotel services. The Travel Paradise experience awaits you with your family, friends or company for the rental of houses with swimming pool on the Ile de Ré. We recommend a wide range of activities on the Ile de Ré for an unforgettable vacation. Book your luxury villa on the Ile de Ré online or contact us.